Mabuhay! Welcome to my den.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bindi

I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking of maven. I even made a call to my sister at around 4 am (Philippine time) just to check how's she doing. Maven is a small breed so I was thinking that she might give birth earlier than her due date, I don't know. Maybe I was just really excited. I will call again later to check her.

This is my female dapple dachshund, Bindi. I bought her from a pet shop in Cartimar. She was 4 months old when I got her, she's now 2 years old. I bought her a month after I got Scooch.


On a friday afternoon of July, that was after office hours, me and my friend Charmaine went to Cartimar in Pasay City - Cartimar is pet market, there you can find different pets and pet accessories. That day she just asked me if I wanted to accompany her to Cartimar because she needed to buy a cage for her shih tzu Koko. I already had Scooch that time and since I needed to buy some stuff too, I said yes to her. We searched each stall in Cartimar for the cage. We also checked some dogs and asked for their prices eventhough we're not really going to buy . On the dog section, I saw two dapple dachshunds in one of the stores there. That was my first time to see a dapple coat dachs. I've seen a black and tan and red dachs a hundred times but seeing a dapple dachs right in front of me was my first time. I asked for the price of each dachs. I asked for some tawad and after we agreed for the price, without hecitations and even if I really have no plan on buying because of lack of budget, I said yes to the sales lady. I said yes I will get one. But deciding which dog I will get took me sometime. I looked at their coat pattern and had the answer.


A day after I bought her, I noticed that there are some discharge on her nose. I immediately rushed her to a veterinary clinic. Her vet. diagnosed it as a kennel cough and warned me not to buy puppies again on pet stores. He told me to look for responsible breeders when I want to have a dog. Her vet gave me the list of medicines I need to buy and give her. Thank God, Bindi immediately recovered and became really healthy.

2 comments:

  1. nyahaha.. tenbits. may pinapaburan ikwento.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wala, peborit ko nga yan si bindi..
    tinatamad lang talaga, gang ngayon.. hehe

    ReplyDelete