Mabuhay! Welcome to my den.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Finally!

Finally! Maven gave birth to four puppies!


June 12 at around 12 midnight (5 am in the Philippines) my sister texted me saying that Maven has whelped already and that there were already 3 puppies with her. I was so excited! I made a phone call and asked how she was, if she's still in labor. They said she's fine and they were also hoping that another puppy will come. I couldn't sleep, I was very excited and happy. I've waited for this moment. =)


After 30 minutes, I received another text saying that another puppy came out. They said it was different from the others. It's light brown and it's the only male in the litter. The others are black and tan, same color as Maven. I still could'nt sleep, I've waited for another 30 minutes, maybe another puppy will come. As I was waiting, I realized that it was June 12, Philippine Independence day. We have Independence day puppies! =). Since it's Independence day, I've got Filipino names for them - Mayumi, Marikit, Mutya and Makisig. All names are starting with the same letter because they will be registered soon and it's a requirement to have the same starting letter if the puppies are in the same litter. I still couldn't sleep. It's been an hour and a half since their last text. I made a call again. I asked if she gave another one, and they said no. The x-ray was pretty accurate. Four puppies in the x-ray, four puppies nursing on maven. Still excited and happy, I took my sleeping pill so that I could sleep already. It was already 1am, I need to sleep. I just hope that Maven's puppies will grow healthy. =)



No comments:

Post a Comment