Mabuhay! Welcome to my den.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Kiara and Keona (part2)

When I noticed that Bindi's tummy had shrunken and there were greenish discharge from her vulva, I knew that she was in trouble. I immediately asked my sister to go with me and Bindi to the veterinary clinic. I told the veterinarian everything. He examined Bindi, had her x-rayed. There were only two puppies in the x-ray. The doctor was also surprised why she can't deliver them. Her pelvic were not that small for her puppies to not to be delivered. But Bindi was not in a good condition. She needed to undergo a cesarian section to get the puppies inside. The puppies were stucked inside. Nobody knows if they're still alive. There were no other way to get the puppies out. Bindi was no longer contracting. The greenish discharge are toxins. Bindi could have died if we weren't able to rush her to the clinic that afternoon. I only have 6 thousand pesos in my pocket. I was unemployed that time, that was for six months. I have no other source of income, No more savings. But I need to save Bindi. Her vet. told me that I could pay the bills for the surgery in installment. I was suddenly flodded with relief when I heard that. The doctor and his staff prepared all the things needed for the surgery. While they were preparing. I was trying to pet Bindi. I was looking at her and she gave back a very sad look. She stared at me as I stroked her neck down to her back and tummy. I couldn't hold my tears anymore, I cried. I cried like a child. My sister was laughing at me. I still couldn't help it. I cried more, but it was not because she was laughing at me. I cried more because Bindi was still staring at me. I can't feel it but I know she was still in pain. After a few minutes, a staff came and took Bindi.


We sat at the waiting area. We are not allowed to see the operation. We were hoping and praying that atleast one of the puppies is alive and be saved. In less than an hour, the doctor approached us, she gave us a sad look and said "sir, hindi po na-isave mga puppies." We were sadden when we heard that. But there was nothing we can do. The doctor said that the birth canal (I forgot the right term, but it's where the puppies will pass going to her vulvs and to the way out) has raptured. The puppies were big that's why it raptured. The doctors were surprised when they got to see Bindi's puppies. They were asking who sired Bindi. I said my other dachsund scooch. They were surprised how big the puppies were. They said that the size of the puppies are as big as a Rotweiller's puppy. One of the puppies was already bloated. Maybe it has stucked inside for a couple of days already. Indeed, the puppies were big. The vet also asked me if I want to neuter Bindi. If I will not neuter her, she will never have a normal delivery since the canal has raptured already. I agreed to have her neutered. Though I felt sad about the fact that she will no longer have puppies anymore, I still think that that would be the best for her. I don't want her to experience the pain anymore. I don't want to put her life at risk anymore.

Bindi recovered immediately. She is now very healthy and very hyper.

No comments:

Post a Comment