Mabuhay! Welcome to my den.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kiara and Keona (part 1)

I asked my sister to send me some pictures of the dead puppy, if they haven't burried it yet. I said I am going to post it here and perhaps it will also serve as a souvenir. As I was looking at the picture, I remember Kiara and Keona. They were Bindi's puppies. They could have been Bindi's first litter, first angels but unfortunately Bindi's labor turned into a tragic. She lost them both. Her puppies wasn't even able to make it to the outside world.


It happened 9 months ago before I left the Philippines. I was so excited during Bindi's gestation. I gave her all the attention. I pampered her a lot. She was so healthy during those period so I wasn't expecting any trouble to come. Before her due date, I completed all the necessary things needed for her labor. From the rags and boxes up to the nasal suctions and other medical kits. My sister helped me to complete all those things. On her 59th day, that was in the evening, she started to bleed. Her temperature dropped and it seems that anytime she's ready to give birth. So I kept an eye on her. I stayed with her most of the time, constantly checking her situation. I slept late and set the alarm every two hours just to check if she has whelped already. Morning came and still she haven't whelped. She was still calm that morning. I let her roam all over our house for her to look for the best spot where she can give birth. She choose my brother's bedroom, at the back of the door. She started to scratch the floor and lay down. I put some rags and newspapers. She liked it and she scratched more. I knew that time she's going to whelped. She doesn't want to be alone that time. Maybe she's looking for some human comfort. She's having too much pain perphaps. Whenever I was trying to leave her, she would also stand up and follow. So I stayed beside her. The rugs and the newspapers started to get wet, so I prepared myself for the puppies. I knew any moment puppies will come out. I opened the whelping kit beside me. Bindi stood up and went outside. I followed her. She seemed to be very agitated and in pain. She walk all over our house whining and looked like she doesn't even know where she was going. She was in so much pain that time. I don't know what help I can do. I asked for some help from my breeder friends and to Bindi's veterinarian. I told them everything that was happening to Bindi and they all said that it's normal and adviced me to just keep an eye.


So I still waited, five hours have passed and still no puppies. I started to get worried and nervous. I also noticed that Bindi's tummy has lowered and shrunken and there were also greenish fluids spilling out from her vulva. I was shocked because I new that Bindi was in trouble.


to be continued...
Bindi's agony

No comments:

Post a Comment