Mabuhay! Welcome to my den.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Scooch



June 7, three days more my minipin maven will give birth to 4 puppies (according to her x-ray but I wish she will give birth to more than 4 pups), I am so excited! =). But Maven is not our topic for today. This time it's my dachshunds Scooch (next post will be Bindi).



This is Scooch, my brindle dachshund. He's my first pure breed dog. Two years ago, I was searching thru the internet finding a good puppy for me to buy. Since it's my first time to a have a pure breed dog, i was just looking for a cheap and low maintenance dog. And I landed on having a dachshund.


I got Scooch from Splendid Forest Cafe and pet shop in Filinvest, Alabang. My friend Charmaine told me about this place. She told me that there were dogs on sale on the said shop and she saw one dachshund. I asked her questions regarding the dachs, its color, how old it was, how much, etc. but she couldn't answer any of those questions. She said she just passed by and she was in a hurry. So after office hour, I went to that shop. That shop is just a few minutes away from our office (walking distance). There were atleast 4 breed of dogs on sale when I got there. There were boston terrier, shih-tzu, chihuahua and scooch-dachshund. There were no puppies, all are young adult to adult. I looked at scooch. He seemed to be very friendly and easy to take care of. Though I really wanted a puppy, I still bought scooch without hesitations. He's not that cudly type of dog that anyone would want to pet when they got to see it, but I don't know what made me say yes, I want this dog. Maybe because he was the cheapest, hahaha.


Scooch is now 2 years with me. I posted his pictures all over the internet for stud service (hehehe). I also used him for my female dachs but it ended in tragic (tell you on my next post). When I was still in the Philippines, I used to take him out for jogging. It always looked like he was very happy everytime I take him out for a jog. I miss those days..

2 comments: